Prince Philip Out of Surgery After Successful Hip Replacement

It read, 'His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital in London this afternoon, for planned surgery on his hip which will take place tomorrow'.

A month later he was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital as "a precautionary measure" following an infection arising from a pre-existing condition.

Prince Philip is recovering in a London hospital following hip replacement surgery.

As planned, the 96-year-old Duke of Edinburgh underwent a hip surgery operation on Wednesday, and according to a new statement released by royal communications, everything went successfully. "He is comfortable and in good spirits".

The prince, who is 96, has largely retired from public life, but still makes royal appearances with the queen on occasion.

Читайте также: SpaceX Rocket Carries Fifth Set of Iridium Satellites From Vandenberg AFB

He did not accompany the Queen, 91, to a church service at a service last Thursday because of the hip problem, a royal source said last week. It is understood that the operation will require a general anaesthetic. At times blunt to the point of rudeness, Philip is Elizabeth's most important support.

Philip has been in generally good health for his age, but he was briefly hospitalised over Christmas in 2011 for angioplasty treatment of a blockage in his coronary arteries. He accompanied the queen on visits overseas as late as 2015. In 2016, he represented the royal family at 200 engagements.

The imperial couple were also married on November 20, 1947 when they were Princess Elizabeth and Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten, at Westminster Abbey.

"He has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years" the queen said in a golden wedding anniversary speech in 1997.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог


Popular

CONNECT