Terry Richardson banned from working with Condé Nast

Adored by many stars, he has also been accused several times by models of sexual assault.

"Terry Richardson, known for his sexually explicit pictures, is being called the "Harvey Weinstein of fashion" after a string of allegations by models", read the story's sub-headline, which detailed accusations from models and others within the fashion industry. A spokesperson at the time dismissed Appleton's allegations as not accurate.

Soon after an article questioned why in the climate following revelations of sexual harassment against Harvey Weinstein, Richardson was still being used, the Telegraph reported that Condé Nast International's chief operating officer, James Woolhouse, wrote a message stating: "Condé Nast would like to no longer work with the photographer Terry Richardson".

More news: Pune ODI: New Zealand reach 149-5 in 35 overs

A representative for Richardson says in a statement, "Terry is disappointed to hear about this email especially because he has previously addressed these old stories".

Among them are prominent fashion houses like Valentino, which told the Hollywood Reporter that their last campaign shot by Richardson happened in July.

His spokeswoman told The Telegraph: "He is an artist who has been known for his sexually explicit work so many of his professional interactions with subjects were sexual and explicit in nature but all of the subjects of his work participated consensually".

More news: Joel Embiid profanely expressed his frustration with the 76ers' minutes restriction

In 2001, Canadian model Liskula Cohen said she walked out of a Vogue photoshoot because she wasn't comfortable with his requests.

"Conde Nast has nothing planned with him going forward".

"I give everyone that I work with enough respect to view them as having ownership of their free will and making their decisions accordingly, and as such, it has been hard to see myself as a target of revisionist history".

More news: Sharif family moves SC seeking order to club NAB references

Conde Nast confirmed the content of the email on Tuesday but declined to comment further. He has teamed with the likes of Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, Beyoncé and Kate Upton.


Popular
  • Nintendo Switch now supports GameCube controllers

    Nintendo Switch now supports GameCube controllers

    Now it has been discovered that the update also enables GameCube controllers to be used with the console/handheld hybrid. If you already bought the GameCube adapter for Wii U , then you may already own a great controller solution for Switch .
    Afghan President Ashraf Ghani on 'surprise' visit today

    Afghan President Ashraf Ghani on 'surprise' visit today

    In September, India worked with Afghanistan and identified priorities and projects where Kabul needed New Delhi's assistance. The rescue operation was carried out by the Pakistan military on an intelligence tip from the United States.
    Download and Try Out the Pixel 2's Custom Launcher and Camera App

    Download and Try Out the Pixel 2's Custom Launcher and Camera App

    As for the screen sharing feature, it's something that Google is possibly working on for updates after the latest v20. Google has also included a very convenient add-on in the new app which is called the 'exposure auto focus lock' .
  • Shin Megami Tensei V For Nintendo Switch Announced

    Shin Megami Tensei V For Nintendo Switch Announced

    There's still no information or release date for Shin Megami Tensei V but Atlus will be announcing more in the near future. Afterwards, the students find themselves surrounded by demons in a wasteland before being seemingly devoured by them.
    Trump doubles down on false claim about Obama and Gold Star families

    Trump doubles down on false claim about Obama and Gold Star families

    Another added: "I am gold star Mom and, I've never in my life felt so much hatred as I do towards this troll in the Oval Office". Sean Collins, told Fox News they had requested a call from Obama and were told his schedule was too packed for a conversation.
    Paulo Dybala Says He's Lucky To Watch Lionel Messi

    Paulo Dybala Says He's Lucky To Watch Lionel Messi

    A hat-trick against an Ecuador , ranked 35th in the world, may very well sound par for the course for a player of Messi's calibre. That goal was Messi's 20th in World Cup qualifiers, more than any other player in the South American Football Federation.
  • Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas pulled from TLC

    Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas pulled from TLC

    For those of you that missed it, Wyatt is one of the wrestlers dealing with an illness so he is not cleared to wrestle. This will be Angle's first match in a WWE ring in more than 11 years when he lost to Randy Orton at Vengeance 2006.

    Google removes cupcake calorie counter from Maps

    The online backlash was mainly regarding the effects this feature could cast on users with eating disorders. For now, we don't know whether Google will bring this feature back.

    "Bimal Gurung Linked With Maoists & Other Insurgent Groups"- ADG (Law & Order)

    The GJM had called the shutdown, which was lasted for over 100 days, demanding a separate state of Gorkhaland. The state government should go for tripartite talks to solve the Darjeeling issue.
  • Kid Rock says Senate 'campaign' was a stunt

    Kid Rock says Senate 'campaign' was a stunt

    Debbie Stabenow , a Democrat and one of Michigan's two senators, is up for re-election for her fourth term in 2018. Sweet Southern Sugar , out November 3, was recorded in Nashville and supposedly has some country influences.
    Mobile's Mobile Without Borders now maxes at 5GB of 4G LTE data

    Mobile's Mobile Without Borders now maxes at 5GB of 4G LTE data

    Users who have been using the Simple Choice Plans and were enjoying the 'Mobile Without Borders' would all change from next month. After burning through 5GB, your speeds will drop to just 128kbps (or 256kbps if you have a T-Mobile One Plus plan).
    US Announces Withdrawal from UNESCO, Accusing UN Agency of

    US Announces Withdrawal from UNESCO, Accusing UN Agency of "Anti-Israel" Bias

    UNESCO regrets the decision of the United States, says Irina Bokova, the director general. At the time, Netanyahu said the "absurd" vote denied the Jewish connection to the city.

CONNECT